For the past several weeks, both Sister Sibyl and I have been using our weekends to purposefully disconnect from technology and reconnect with our senses, our sacred practices, and a slower pace of living. From our collective experience, we created the following list of 10 positive impacts that we experienced during our disconnected time.
- Reconnected with inner guidance and intuition.
- Reconnected to the Divine Source and the sacred ordinary moments of each day.
- Experienced mental spaciousness and calm.
- Percolated new ideas with non-digital “thinking” time.
- Spent time in a deeper, relationship-oriented space with real conversations and attentive listening.
- Slept better and felt renewed with restored energy levels.
- Got in touch with our “muses” through soul-nurturing activities like reading, working in the garden, crocheting, and journaling long handed.
- Gained perspective on how much we are dependent on our technology and gadgets and how much we unconsciously use them.
- Reactivated and reconnected with our senses … took a walk, smelled rain in the air, savored the aroma of that first cup of coffee, etc. …
- Took care of our physical bodies with exercise and gave our necks and thumbs a break, too.
We invite you to join us on this weekly journey. And if you want to let the world of social media know that you are disconnecting for a period of time, click the image on the left and download your own “Time for a Recharge” graphic to share on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page. Have a wonderful weekend!
If you like to get away from the busy-ness and distraction in your life, you might want to explore Belle Coeur’s Self-Study Course The Digital Sabbatical: Disconnecting for Divine Discovery.