If you feel called to enrich your personal spiritual journey through an in-depth, formational, exploration of Belle Cœur Spirituality, the following information will be helpful for your discernment.
What is Belle Cœur Spirituality Formation?
Belle Cœur Spiritual Formation is a mentored, six-month, experiential program to deepen and grow your spiritual wisdom and enrich your mystical (direct and personal) relationship with God. Through sacred study, journaling, spiritual practice, ritual and creative expression, you will become familiar with Belle Cœur’s holistic, sacred cosmology to invigorate and inspire your creative heart and spirit.
Belle Cœur Spirituality takes root from the story, teachings, and practices described in the texts for this program, Ink and Honey and The Way of Belle Cœur written by the Foundress of Belle Cœur, Sibyl Dana Reynolds. Additional threads of Belle Cœur Spirituality are informed by:
- The ancient wisdom of the early Christian Mystics
- The historical First Century Church
- Creation, the natural world, and the changing seasons
- Sacred practices and rituals
- The poetry and prose of many authors and inspirational teachers
- The medieval Beguine tradition
- Myriad creative and spiritual sources.
Sibyl, your spiritual director and mentor, will serve as your companion throughout formation. She will offer additional suggestions, spiritual guidance, and inspiration as you follow your monthly study map. Her guidance will support and deepen your exploration and expression of the teachings, practices, and creative exercises of Belle Cœur Spirituality.
What is included in Belle Coeur Spiritual Formation?
After your application, acceptance, and registration is complete, you will receive a monthly PDF (study map) each month, for six months. The PDFs will outline each month’s reading assignments, creative experiences, etc.
The Way of Belle Cœur: A Woman’s Vade Mecum and Ink and Honey are the primary texts for this course. Supplementary optional reading suggestions and resources will be offered.
Monthly studies and spiritual exploration include, but are not limited to: reading and reflection, sacred practices, prayer, journaling, creative experiences, altar dressing, dream-work, and contemplation. Topics include The Belle Cœur Spiritual Template, Personal Sacrament, the Wisdom Codex, 7 Facets of Illumination, Iconotypes and Iconotypal Self-Portrait, Nature and Creation, Sensory Awareness, Prayer and Sacred Practice, the Sacred Life-Arts and Creativity, and more.
Your creation of a final project will complete your studies. Your final project will reflect your personal creative expression to represent how Belle Cœur spirituality informs your life. Options include but are not limited to your creation of a painting, poem, a quilt or piece of needlework, a collage … any creative form you choose for self-expression.
To enrich your experience of formation, you will keep a journal as your workbook for your studies, and create your Belle Cœur Wisdom Codex…a special creative and introspective journal. There are no tests, papers to write, etc. during the course. This program is individually focused and personally nurturing.
A monthly one hour Zoom or phone session with Sibyl will provide the opportunity to address your questions, receive support and explore your spiritual process. There is also the additional offering of mentored email check-in for support once a month.
What happens after Spiritual Formation?
When you have completed formation, you may choose one of two ways to express your relationship with Belle Cœur.
- Belle Cœur Practitioner: You may choose to embrace the sacred practices and teachings of Belle Cœur for your daily personal spiritual enrichment as a Belle Cœur Practitioner. When your studies are completed, you will receive a certificate of completion for formation, and be encouraged to continue to grow your spiritual and creative wisdom.
- Belle Cœur Sister: If you feel called to a community relationship with Belle Cœur during or after formation as a Practitioner, you and your mentor will enter discernment to confirm that becoming a Belle Coeur Sister is expressive of your inner call and appropriate for your spiritual needs. In the event that your call to become a Belle Cœur Sister is affirmed, you will be introduced to Prioress Rwth Anne Fuquay, Sister Formation Mentor. She will provide guidance for your formation as a Belle Cœur Sister.
How do I begin Spiritual Formation?
Please read the following information carefully to determine if your call to apply for formation for personal spiritual enrichment is resonant with your call and needs.
Belle Cœur Spirituality is …
- Rooted in Inspiration: Belle Cœur spirituality and The Belle Cœur Sisterhood are rooted in the inspired work and writings of Foundress, Sibyl Dana Reynolds, through her books Ink and Honey and The Way of Belle Cœur and myriad sacred sources. Belle Cœur Spirituality is an ever-evolving, holistic sacred cosmology, led by the Spirit/Divine Providence.
- Ecumenical: We are Christ-centered, in relationship to the First Century Church as followers of The Way of Jesus. A liberal and progressive Christian community, we are informed by the medieval Beguine movement and the teachings of the early feminine Christian mystics. We follow the yearly wheel of the Christian liturgical seasons: Easter, Pentecost, Ordinary Time, Advent, Christmas, and Lent.
- Inclusive and diverse: We are respectful of each (Belle Cœur Practitioner’s and/or Sister’s) personal relationship and expression of her relationship with God.
- An independent community: Belle Cœur is independent and not affiliated with a specific Christian doctrine or religion. Sisters do not take professed vows of any kind and are free to leave the community if called to do so.
- Reliant on the guidance/movement of the Spirit and the form of the Circle: We follow foundational guiding principles for group process (rotating leadership, shared responsibility, and reliance on Spirit) presented in the text, The Circle Way, by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea. We take time for silence, discernment, and reflection and we listen and respond to the Spirit’s guidance as we evolve and grow our personal wisdom.
- Honoring of each Practitioner’s/Sister’s charism: Each Practitioner and Sister reflects her charism (unique wisdom, life experience, and creative/spiritual forms of expression). Our community respects, values, and relies upon each woman’s charism to enrich the collective experience.
How to Apply:
When your call to apply for formation has been discerned and is clear for you, please complete the Application for Formation (click link to download a PDF) and return your completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a link to the registration page.
Is there a cost for Belle Cœur Spiritual Formation?
After your application for Formation is accepted, you will be sent a link to complete your registration and submit your tuition payment.
The total tuition for Belle Coeur Spiritual Formation is $600. We offer either a payment plan or a discount on your tuition rate of $100 ($500 total fee) if you pay in full at the time of registration.
Due to the extensive application process, personal scheduled mentoring, and online format of the formation materials, payment is non-refundable.
Get in Touch
Contact email@example.com with questions pertaining to the application process and formation.
Blessings to you as you discern your call to Belle Cœur Spirituality Formation.